Bittersweet Chocolate Rocky Road Bars is made with Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce by Stonewall Kitchen.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup cold, unsalted butter, cut into pats
1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 tablespoons half and half or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan.
3. Place flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
4. Add butter. Process until the mixture is like coarse meal.
5. Add the yolk mixture and vanilla. Blend until the dough forms clumps. Stop several times during this process to scrape down sides of bowl.
6. Pat dough evenly over the bottom of the greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes until golden on top and brown the edges.
7. Cool on a rack
1. Warm jar of Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce.
2. Spread a thin layer on top of cooked cookie bottom. (Use enough to allow nuts to stick to cookie.)
3. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, then marshmallows, and finally coconut.
4. Drizzle remainder of sauce over the top of the bars in a crosshatch design.
5. Allow bars to set until chocolate sauce firms up