2 large red bell peppers, cut in half length wise and cleaned
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 egg, beaten
½ lb ground pork
½ pound lean ground beef
¾ cup crushed Italian seasoned croutons or stuffing mix
¾ parmesan cheese, grated
Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
9 oz Earth & Vine Provisions Red Bell Pepper & Ancho Chili Jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together onion, garlic, ½ cup Red Bell Pepper & Ancho Chili Jam and egg.
3. Add ground meats, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
4. Mix well and divide into 4 even amounts, fill each bell pepper half with meat loaf and place on baking sheet.
5. Loosely cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until all pink is gone, uncover and spread the remaining Red Bell Pepper & Ancho Chili Jam on all four meat loafs and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until meat loaf is done.
6. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Excellent served with mashed potatoes and baked asparagus.