1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 lb. vegetarian sausage, crumbled (or regular sausage, if you prefer)
1 small yellow onion, medium dice
1 large celery stalk, medium dice
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
2 cups vegetable stock
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 loaf day old bread
To taste salt and pepper
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen New England Cranberry Relish or Sarabeth’s Cranberry Relish
1. Heat large sauce pan on stove. Add oil. Heat one minute more.
2. Render sausage until lightly browned.
3. Add onions, celery, Cranberry Relish, and Old Bay to the pan. Sweat for about seven minutes, until the onions become translucent.
4. Add stock and butter, and bring to a simmer.
5. Place cubed bread in a large stainless steel bowl and pour above mixture over it. Mix well.
6. If stuffing is too dry, add more stock. If stuffing is too wet, place it in a casserole dish, cover it with foil, and cook it in the oven at 375 degrees F for approximately 20-25 minutes.
7. Serve warm.