1 sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry
1/4 jar of Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney or Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
1 5″ or 8″ wheel of Brie (skin can be removed if preferred)
Optional: 1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Prepare a baking sheet by greasing lightly or lining it with parchment paper.
2. Allow pastry to thaw. Flour surface and roll the dough into a 13″ square. You may want to pre-cut a strip of dough from the rolled out pastry to form a false ribbon around the neck of your bag. Place the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Making sure you only cut through the skin of the Brie, run a knife around the top ¼” in from the edge. Make several cuts across the Brie forming small triangles and then gently remove the skin forming a shallow cup to hold the chutney.
4. Place the Brie in the center of the pastry.
5. Spoon ¼ cup of the Old Farmhouse Chutney over the Brie.
6. Forming a bag bring the sides of the pastry up to the center top of the Brie round. If there is too much pastry you may have to trim a little off.
7. Carefully press the dough onto the Brie & pinch tightly at the top to seal.
8. Whisk together the egg white and water. Brush entire bag with egg wash to make the baked dough shine.
9. Place in preheated oven and bake 25-30 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
10. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
11. With a large spatula transfer the Brie to a serving dish and serve with French bread toasts, sliced apples, grapes and crackers.