French Onion Soup is made with Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam.
3 large sweet onions, sliced thin
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
5 cups beef broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
1 loaf French bread, cut into 1″ slices, toasted
4-6oz gruyere, swiss or provolone cheese, grated
1. Over medium heat, warm oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven.
2. Add onions and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
3. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
4. Cook for 35-45 minutes until onions are a deep, golden brown.
5. Add Roasted Garlic Onion Jam, broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
6. Ladle soup into 4 heatproof bowls. Top with toasted bread slices and grated cheese.
7. Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and browned.
8. Garnish, if desired, with fresh chives, parsley or thyme.