Cali Coastline Creamy Cauliflower Soup
3 tbsp butter or olive oil
1 small head cauliflower, cut up (about 4 cups)
4 cups vegetable or chicken broth ( 32 oz.)
optional: chives or parsley
1. In a 4-quart pot, melt butter or heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add cut-up cauliflower and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring until lightly browned.
3. Stir in contents of soup mix. Add broth, bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Stir in heavy cream. Use an immersion blender to puree to desired consistency (or pour soup into blender or food processor and puree in batches).
5. Salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve with toasted pita bread and garnish, if desired.