For Grilled Chicken:
1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon Turmeric
½ cup Savor the Flavor Garlic and Herb Marinade
Tzatziki Sauce or Hummus
1. Place cubed chicken in a large bowl. Pour Savor the Flavor's Garlic and Herb Marinade over meat.
2. Add a tablespoon of turmeric. Mix well, cover in plastic and marinate overnight.
3. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high for at least 15 minutes, or until surface is upwards of 700 degrees. Spear marinated chicken onto skewers and place on large plate or baking sheet.
4. Place chicken on grill and cook a few minutes on all sides in direct heat. Cook in indirect heat for 5-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Wrap pita in foil. Turn off the burners on grill and place wrapped pita inside as the grill cools.
5. To assemble wrap: Place warmed pita on one half of a foil rectangle. Place grilled chicken on pita, top with diced tomatoes, lettuce, onions and Tzatziki sauce or hummus. Roll together, eat like a taco or gyro.
Yields 6-8 Servings
**Recipe works great with lamb, beef or pork shoulder.